Contributed by Presque Isle Air Museum
An air traffic controller at Presque Isle Army Air Field is shown with the flight board -- a map of the runways and a map of the overseas routes from the base to Great Britain.
The military opened the base in 1941 to transport equipment and personnel overseas.
About This Item
- Title: Air traffic controller, Presque Isle, 1945
- Creation Date: 1945-06-04
- Subject Date: 1945-06-04
- Town: Presque Isle
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 25 cm x 20 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Air traffic control--Maine--Presque Isle
- Air traffic controllers--Maine--Presque Isle
- United States. Army Air Forces--People
- United States. Air Force
- Airports--Maine--Presque Isle
For more information about this item, contact:Presque Isle Air Museum
650 Airport Drive Suite 4, Presque Isle, ME 04769
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.