Contributed by Presque Isle Air Museum
The Presque Isle Army Air Base guard house, the only entrance to the base, was located at the head of State Street.
The Army Air Base opened in 1941 to transport equipment, supplies, and personnel to Great Britain during World War I. The base closed at the end of the war, but reopened during the Cold War. It closed again in 1960.
About This Item
- Title: Presque Isle Army Air Base guard house, ca. 1943
- Creation Date: circa 1943
- Subject Date: circa 1943
- Location: Presque Isle, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 25 cm x 20 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States. Army Air Forces
- Northern Maine Regional Airport
- Airports--Maine--Presque Isle
- Military facilities
- guard house
- Presque Isle Air Force Base
- Presque Isle Army Air Base
- Presque Isle Army Airfield
- State Street
For more information about this item, contact:Presque Isle Air Museum
650 Airport Drive Suite 4, Presque Isle, ME 04769
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.