Contributed by Presque Isle Air Museum
Presque Isle Army Air Base hangar 1 was built as part of the conversion of Presque Isle Airfield for military use. The base served mainly to ferry equipment, supplies, and personnel to Great Britain during World War II.
After the base was decommissioned in 1961, International Paper Company used hangar 1 for its operations for many years.
About This Item
- Title: Presque Isle Army Air Base hangar 1, ca. 1943
- Creation Date: circa 1943
- Subject Date: circa 1943
- Town: Presque Isle
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States. Army Air Forces
- Northern Maine Regional Airport
- Airports--Maine--Presque Isle
- hangar 1
- hangar one
- International Paper Company
- Presque Isle Air Force Base
- Presque Isle Army Air Base
- Presque Isle Army Airfield
For more information about this item, contact:Presque Isle Air Museum
650 Airport Drive Suite 4, Presque Isle, ME 04769
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.