Contributed by Presque Isle Air Museum
Freight is being loaded for aboard a Douglas C-5A four-engined transport of the North Atlantic Division of the Air Transport Command, dubbed at Presque Isle as the "Snowball Express." The freight was shipped overseas as part of the war effort during World War II.
About This Item
- Title: Douglas C-5A, Presque Isle, ca. 1943
- Creation Date: circa 1943
- Subject Date: circa 1943
- Location: Presque Isle, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Transport Command
- Jet transports
- World War, 1939-1945
- United States. Army Air Forces--Equipment and supplies
- C-5A (Jet transports)--Photographs
- Airports--Maine--Presque Isle
- United States. Air Force
For more information about this item, contact:Presque Isle Air Museum
650 Airport Drive Suite 4, Presque Isle, ME 04769
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.