Contributed by Presque Isle Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A good illustration of locally made equipment. Safety was obviously not a factor in the design. The overhead cable being installed is the power source for the electric trolley. According to the caption on the picture, the cable is "Alive" with "1200 volts DC."
About This Item
- Title: Stretching The Trolley Wire Live
- Creation Date: 1910
- Subject Date: 1910
- Town: Presque Isle
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19.06 cm x 24.22 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Electric railroads--Maine--Presque Isle
- Railroad employees
- Aroostook Valley Railroad Company--People
- Aroostook Valley Railroad Company--Equipment and supplies
- Aroostook Valley Railroad
- electric trolley
- presque Isle
- Trolley car number number 51 is pushing the line crew for installation of a 1200 volt power line
For more information about this item, contact:Presque Isle Historical Society
PO Box 285, Presque Isle, ME 04769
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.