Contributed by Lisbon Historical Society
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student. More info about student projects.
Lt. Ephraim H. Taylor of the 1st Maine Cavalry to the Civil War used this cavalry sword and scabbard.
Taylor, of Lisbon Falls, fought near the Rappahannock River, and was killed near Middlebury, Virginia, in 1863.
About This Item
- Title: Cavalry sword of Ephraim H. Taylor, ca. 1860
- Creator: MF CO, Chicopee, MA
- Creation Date: circa 1860
- Subject Date: circa 1860
- Location: Lisbon Falls, Androscoggin County, ME
- Media: Metal, Leather
- Dimensions: 108 cm x 2 cm x .25 cm
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Daggers and swords
- Lisbon Falls (Me.).
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army. Maine Cavalry Regiment, 1st (1861-1865)
For more information about this item, contact:Lisbon Historical Society
18 School Street, Lisbon Falls, ME 04252
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.