Contributed by Lisbon Historical Society
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student. More info about student projects.
This cavalry revolver belonged to Lt. Ephram H. Taylor of the 1st Maine Cavalry in the Civil War. Taylor, of Lisbon Falls, fought near the Rappahannock River, and was killed near Middleburg, Virginia, in 1863.
About This Item
- Title: Ephram Taylor Colt revolver, 1862
- Creator: Samuel Colt Factory, New York
- Creation Date: 1862
- Subject Date: 1862
- Location: Lisbon Falls, Androscoggin County, ME
- Media: Metal, wood
- Dimensions: 34 cm x 3.5 cm x 13 cm
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Maine Cavalry Regiment, 1st (1861-1865)
- Lisbon Falls (Me.).
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
For more information about this item, contact:Lisbon Historical Society
18 School Street, Lisbon Falls, ME 04252
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.