Contributed by Lisbon Historical Society
This photo was taken from the Durham side of the Androscoggin River looking towards Lisbon Falls. Pictured are the Worumbo Mill, the Boarding House, and the Maine Central Railroad Depot. Much of this area was destroyed in the fire of April 6, 1901. 31 buildings were reduced to ashes and 50 families were left homeless following the event.
About This Item
- Title: The Lisbon Falls Area Before the Great Fire of 1901
- Creation Date: circa 1901
- Subject Date: circa 1901
- Town: Durham, Lisbon Falls
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 18 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fires--Maine--Lisbon Falls
- Worumbo Mill (Lisbon Falls, Me.)--Photographs
- Maine Central Railroad--Facilities
- Railroad stations--Maine--Lisbon Falls
- Lisbon Falls (Me.)--Fires, April 6, 1901--Photographs
- Then & now comparisons
For more information about this item, contact:Lisbon Historical Society
18 School Street, Lisbon Falls, ME 04252
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.