Contributed by Eastern Maine Medical Center
The deaths of Charles Phillips and Hiram Oliver provided the hospital with funds used towards construction of this building which started with the ground breaking in August of 1908.
The Children's Ward opened in the Medical Building January 1,1910 and it was named the Phillips-Oliver building on December 27, 1916 in their honor.
About This Item
- Title: Medical Building, Eastern Maine General Hospital, 1916
- Creation Date: 1916
- Subject Date: 1916
- Location: Bangor, Penobscot County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Bangor General Hospital
- Children's Ward
- Classic Automobile
- Eastern Maine General Hospital
- Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems
- Eastern Maine Medical Center
- Medical Building
- Phillips-OliverEastern Maine Medical Center (Bangor, Me.)
- State Street
For more information about this item, contact:Eastern Maine Medical Center
489 State Street, PO Box 404, Bangor, ME 04401-0404
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.