Contributed by Eastern Maine Medical Center
Dr. Willam C. Mason was one of the five founding physicians of Bangor General Hospital.
Mason was born in Bangor on September 1, 1852, son of Dr. John Mason, an old-time Bangor physician. He was educated in Bangor schools and Harvard University.
He was intensely interested in Masonry, being one of the three active 33rd degree Masons in the state. He was a member of the Tarratine Club in Bangor and president at the time of his death. He was prominently identified with the Bangor Historical Society of which his father was one of the founders in 1864.
He died January 19, 1922.
About This Item
- Title: Dr. Willam Castein Mason, Bangor, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Town: Bangor
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Eastern Maine Medical Center (Bangor, Me.)--People
- Mason, William Castein, 1852-1822--Freemasonry
- Mason, William Castein, 1852-1922--Portrait photographs
- Bangor Council
- Bangor General Hospital
- Bangor Historical Society
- Eastern Maine General Hospital
- Eastern Maine Healthcare
- Eastern Maine Medical Center
- Portrait Photography
- Tarrratine Club
For more information about this item, contact:Eastern Maine Medical Center
489 State Street, PO Box 404, Bangor, ME 04401-0404
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.