Contributed by Aroostook County Historical and Art Museum
Maine's 18th Regiment Infantry was mustered in on August 21, 1862. It served to defend Washington D.C. until January 6, 1863. The Regiment was reorganized as the 1st Maine Heavy Artillery in December 1862.
About This Item
- Title: 18th Regiment recruiting poster, Aroostook County, 1862
- Creator: State of Maine
- Creation Date: 1862
- Subject Date: 1862
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Paper
- Dimensions: 53 cm x 38 cm
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Maine Heavy Artillery Regiment, 1st (1861-1865)
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Regimental histories
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 18th (1862)
- United States--Civil War, 1861-1865--Recruiting & enlistment
For more information about this item, contact:Aroostook County Historical and Art Museum
109 Main Street, Houlton, ME 04730
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.