Contributed by Aroostook County Historical and Art Museum
A Civil War poster announcing the desire of the army to purchase of horses for the Union cavalry in various communities in Aroostook County.
About This Item
- Title: Poster seeking cavalry horses, Aroostook County, 1861
- Creation Date: 1861-10-01
- Subject Date: 1861
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Paper
- Dimensions: 56 cm x 41 cm
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States--Civil War, 1861-1865--Equipment and supplies
- United States--Civil War, 1861-1865--Animals
For more information about this item, contact:Aroostook County Historical and Art Museum
109 Main Street, Houlton, ME 04730
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.