This double portrait of Henry Longfellow's two sons, ages 4 and 3 respectively, is one of several drawings of Longfellow family members and friends done by Eastman Johnson in the 1840s. This portrait has been hanging in the same spot on the west wall of the parlor of the Vassall-Craigie-Longfellow House at least since 1860.
About This Item
- Title: Charles and Ernest Longfellow
- Creator: Johnson, Eastman
- Creation Date: 1848
- Subject Date: 1848
- Town: Boston, Cambridge
- County: Middlesex, Suffolk
- State: MA
- Media: Colored chalk on wove paper
- Dimensions: 76.2 cm x 67.3 cm
- Local Code: LONG 546
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:NPS, Longfellow House-Washington's Headquarters National Historic Site
105 Brattle Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882--Family
- Longfellow family
- Longfellow, Charles Appleton--Portrait photographs
- Longfellow, Ernest Wadsworth, 1845-1921--Portrait photographs
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.