The eldest child of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. Charles lived in Japan for almost two years, 1871-1873.
About This Item
- Title: Charles Appleton Longfellow in formal Japanese attire.
- Creation Date: circa 1872
- Subject Date: circa 1872
- Media: Albumen print
- Dimensions: 14 cm x 9.5 cm
- Local Code: LONG 27888 (1008.002/002.001 item 114)
- Collection: Charles Appleton Longfellow Papers
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:NPS, Longfellow House-Washington's Headquarters National Historic Site
105 Brattle Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882--Family
- Longfellow, Charles Appleton--Portrait photographs
- Clothing and dress--Japan
- Longfellow, Charles Appleton--Travel
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.