Contributed by William Fogg Library
The celebration marking the one hundredth anniversary of Eliot's incorporation as a town was held in 1910. As part of the festivities, the houses along the parade route were decorated with patriotic bunting. The town selectmen hired local photographer Ira M. St. Clair to photograph the houses. This house, located on Pleasant Street, belonged to T.F. Staples. The Staples owned one of several general stores operating in Eliot at the turn of the twentieth century.
About This Item
- Title: Pleasant Street Home, Eliot ,1910
- Creator: Ira M. St. Clair
- Creation Date: 1910
- Subject Date: 1910
- Location: Eliot, York County, ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 8.97 cm x 14.23 cm
- Collection: Postcard Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Centennial celebrations--Maine--Eliot
- Eliot (Me.)--Centennial celebrations, etc.
- Staples, T.F.--Homes and haunts--Maine--Eliot
For more information about this item, contact:William Fogg Library
Box 359, Eliot, ME 03903
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.