Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Jane Jeffrey (later Ricker), a Red Cross nurse in World War I, was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross. She was wounded when a German shell burst in the evacuation hospital where she worked. She was seriously injured in the attack.
About This Item
- Title: Jane Jeffrey citation, 1918
- Creation Date: 1919-02-14
- Subject Date: 1919-02-14
- Poland Spring, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: 4090*b
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- American Red Cross--People
- Women in war
- Distinguished Service Medal (U.S.)
- Ricker, Jane Jeffrery--Portrait photographs
- Military decorations
- World War, 1914-1918--Women
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.