Contributed by Brewer Public Library
Military discharge papers of Samuel E. Stone of Brewer show he was a private in the 17th Infantry Maine. He enrolled March 8, 1865 to serve one year. Samuel was discharged May 13, 1865 in Portland. He was 30 years old and a carpenter.
Samuel was the son of Samuel B. Stone and Sarah Dalton. He was born in 1835 and died in 1911.
About This Item
- Title: Samuel E. Stone of Brewer, military discharge paper, 1865
- Creator: U.S. War Department
- Creation Date: 1865-05-13
- Subject Date: 1895-05-13
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Military discharge
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army--Maine Infantry Regiment, 17th (1861-1865)
For more information about this item, contact:Brewer Public Library
24 Union Street, Brewer, ME 04412
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.