Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A cache of liquor being taken off a ship in Portland Harbor at Grand Trunk Wharf in 1920 when Prohibition was in effect.
About This Item
- Title: Cache of liquor, Portland, 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 8.3 cm x 10.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.1232
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Grand Trunk Wharf (Portland, Me.)
- Liquor laws--History--Maine
- Seizure of vessels and cargo--Maine--Portland
- Wharves & piers--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.