Contributed by Houlton Grange
The stage curtain at the Houlton Grange preserves the names of prominent businesses in 1930s Houlton. Some of these companies have remained in business for many decades.
Appearing on the curtain are Dunn's Furniture; Geo. S. Gentle, insurance; A. M. Stackpole, Dodge dealer; Aroostook Maid Ice Cream; W. R. Yerxa, building supplies; Houlton Trust Company; Atherton's, harness maker;
Charles Hayward & Co., wholesale groceries; Chadwick's, florist; Almon H.Fogg Co., hardware and sporting goods; Houlton Grange Store; Houlton Publishing Co., Pioneer Times.
Also, Aroostook County Patrons Mutual Fire Insurance Co., Northern Maine Patrons Mutual Fire Ins. Co., Aroostook Mutual Fire Ins. Co., Geo. A. Hall Co., Eastern Motors Inc., Feeley Drug Co., Houlton Savings Bank, Texaco, Stanley B. Richardson; The Porter Studios, photographer; W. H. Watts Co., Houlton Water Co.; Houlton Farms dairy, Berry and Benn, Ford dealer, and International Agricultural Corp.
About This Item
- Title: Houlton Grange stage curtain, ca. 1930
- Creator: Wood Brothers, Springfield, Massachusetts
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Local Name: Houlton Grange
- Town: Houlton, Springfield
- County: Aroostook
- State: MA, ME
- Media: Paint on canvas
- Dimensions: 320 cm x 650 cm
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Business enterprises--Mass.--Springfield
- Theatrical productions--Maine--Houlton
- Theater curtains
- Business enterprises--Maine--Houlton
- Stages (Platforms)
- A. M. Stackpole - Dodge dealer
- Almon H.Fogg Co., hardware and sporting goods
- Aroostook County Patrons Mutual Fire Insurance C0.
- Aroostook Maid Ice Cream
- Aroostook Mutual Fire Ins. Co.
- Athernon's - harness maker
- Barry and Benn - Ford dealer
- Chadwick's - florist
- Charles Hayward & Co., wholesale groceries
- Dunn's Furniture
- Eastern Motors, Inc.
- Feeley Drug Co.
- Geo. A. Hall Co.
- Geo. S, Gentine - insurance
- Houlton Farms dairy
- Houlton Grange
- Houlton Grange Store
- Houlton Publishing Co. - Pioneer Times
- Houlton Savings Bank
- Houlton Trust Company
- Houlton Water Co.
- International Agricultural Corp.
- International Fertilizers
- Northern Maine Patrons Mutual Fire Ins. Co.
- Patrons of Husbandry
- Stanley B. Richardson
- The Porter Studio - photographer
- W. H. Watts Co.
- W. R. Yerxa - building supplies
For more information about this item, contact:Houlton Grange
3 Green Street, Houlton, ME
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.