Contributed by Oakfield Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Bangor and Aoostook Railroad converted old "heavy rail" passenger cars for use as outfit cars to house the mobil crews that did the maintenance on the rail system during the spring, summer and fall. Crews could be gone from home for a week or more at a time.
About This Item
- Title: Bangor and Aroostook Railroad outfit car, ca. 1955
- Creator: Sprague, Richard W.
- Creation Date: circa 1955
- Subject Date: circa 1955
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 19 cm
- Collection: Richard Sprague
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Bangor and Aroostook Railroad Company--Equipment & supplies
- Railroad construction & maintenance--Maine
- Railroad passenger cars--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Oakfield Historical Society
PO Box 176, Oakfield, ME 04763
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.