Contributed by Oakfield Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Chase Transfer Corporation delivers diesel electric generators to Maine Public Service in Presque Isle.
These state-of-the-art "fast-start" generators, the design of which was adapted from diesel railroad engines, were started with the push of a button and were up to full output power in 90 seconds.
About This Item
- Title: Generator delivery, Presque Isle, 1959
- Creator: Sprague, Richard W.
- Creation Date: 1959
- Subject Date: 1959
- Town: Presque Isle
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 24 cm x 19 cm
- Collection: Richard Sprague
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Power utility companies--Maine--Presque Isle
- Delivering--Maine--Presque Isle
- Maine Public Service Company--Equipment and supplies
- Electrical apparatus
- Chase Transport Corporation (Me.)--Equipment and supplies
- Electric generators
For more information about this item, contact:Oakfield Historical Society
PO Box 176, Oakfield, ME 04763
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.