Contributed by Maine Historical Society
The American Library Association distributed this poster during World War I to promote reading and education. The title is "Knowledge Wins Public Library Books are Free."
About This Item
- Title: World War I library poster, ca. 1918
- Creator: Smith, Dan
- Creation Date: circa 1918
- Subject Date: circa 1918
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 463, #849-A
- Collection: WPA broadsides relating to Maine, Massachusetts, and World War I
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- War posters--American--1910-1920
- World War, 1914-1918--Economic & social conditions
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.