Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Hermann Kotzschmar (1829-1908) was a native of Finsterwalde, Germany, and the son of the town's stadtmusiker.
He came to the United States in 1848 and then to Portland.
He was a conductor, composer, musician and promoter.
About This Item
- Title: Herman Kotzschmar, Portland, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 14 cm x 10 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--People--Kotzschmar
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Kotzschmar Memorial Organ (Portland, Me.)
- Portland (Me.)--Musicians
- Portrait photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.