Contributed by Southern Aroostook Agricultural Museum
Mountain Valley, Inc. brand 10 pound potato bag.
In the 1940s potato farmers started packaging their potatoes in distinctive bags. The wide variety of bags illustrates the strong interest in distinctive marketing efforts that is still evident today.
About This Item
- Title: Mountain Valley Potatoes bag, Mars Hill, c. 1970
- Creation Date: circa 1970
- Subject Date: circa 1970
- Location: Mars Hill, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Paper
- Dimensions: 44 cm x 20 cm
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Mountain Valley, Inc. (Mars Hill, Me.)
- Farm produce--Advertising
- Sunrises & sunsets
For more information about this item, contact:Southern Aroostook Agricultural Museum
1678 U.S. Route 1, Littleton, ME 04730
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.