Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
An image of workers in Eastport making sardine cans. From a photograph by T. W. Smillie.
About This Item
- Title: Sardine can factory, Eastport, ca. 1880
- Creator: Photo Cray Co. NY
- Creation Date: circa 1880
- Subject Date: circa 1880
- Location: Eastport, Washington County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 18 cm x 23 cm
- Local Code: 2000.183.2
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fishing industry--Maine--Eastport
- Food industry--Maine--Eastport
- Canned foods--Sardines
- Fishing industry--Sardines
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.