Contributed by Maine Historical Society
- Item 14796
- print page
- download web image
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
World War I poster entitled, "They signal "Send books" Good books left at the public library will be sent "over there" and to our men in camp everywhere," showing soldiers and sailors using semaphore to signal with flags, ca. 1917.
About This Item
- Title: Book solitication poster, ca. 1917
- Creator: H. C. Miner Litho Co.
- Creation Date: circa 1917
- Subject Date: circa 1917
- Location: USA
- Media: Ink on paper, poster
- Dimensions: 98 cm x 63 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 463, World War 1 Poster collection, #1039
- Collection: WPA broadsides relating to Maine, Massachusetts, and World War I
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Book drives--1910-1930
- Signal flags--1910-1920
- War posters--American--1910-1930
- World War, 1914-1918--Social Aspects--United States
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.