Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Sophronia L. Cole (1836-1891) married Alonzo Chaplin (1836-1888) after his first wife, Antoinette Peabody died. Alonzo Chaplin of Naples, then South Portland, was the father of businessman Joseph Fessenden Chaplin.
About This Item
- Title: Sophronia L. Cole Chaplin, South Portland, ca. 1885
- Creation Date: circa 1885
- Subject Date: circa 1885
- Town: South Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 2126, Box 3/Env. 8
- Collection: Chaplin family collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.