Contributed by Oakfield Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
"Power jacks are used to put Mannix International ballast sled under track. ... The sled removes muddy ballast that accumulates around ties on wet sections." Bangor and Aroostook Railroad's magazine, "Maine Line," v. 4 #5, p. 5.
About This Item
- Title: Bangor and Aroostook Railroad Track Repair, Littleton, 1956
- Creator: Sprague, Richard W.
- Creation Date: 1956
- Subject Date: 1956
- Town: Littleton
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 20 cm
- Collection: Richard Sprague
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Oakfield Historical Society
PO Box 176, Oakfield, ME 04763
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Bangor and Aroostook Railroad Company--People
- Railroad construction & maintenance
- Railroad ties
- Railroad tracks--Maine--Littleton
- Railroads--Design and construction
- ballast sled
- Bangor & Aroostook Railroad
- Bangor & Aroostook RR
- Bangor and Aroostook Railroad
- Bangor and Aroostook RR
- Mannix International
- track repair
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.