Contributed by Oakfield Historical Society
The transfer table was used to move cars into the Derby repair shop.
A car was moved onto the table, the table moved laterally so that the car was in front of the appropriate repair bay and then a cable was attached to the car and a winch was used to pull the car into the repair shop.
Here, it is moving a Bangor and Aroostook U.S. Mail car.
About This Item
- Title: Bangor and Aroostook mail car, Derby, 1938
- Creation Date: 1938-07-07
- Subject Date: 1938-07-07
- Location: Derby, Piscataquis County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 24 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Bangor and Aroostook Railroad Company--Equipment and supplies
- Railway mail service--Cars
- Transfer tables (Railroads)--Maine--Derby
- B & A
- Bangor and Aroostook Railroad
- mail car
- transfer tableBangor and Aroostook Railroad Company
- U.S. Mail
- United States Mail
For more information about this item, contact:Oakfield Historical Society
PO Box 176, Oakfield, ME 04763
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.