Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Elizabeth Aageson of Portland received this letter from the U.S. Navy Department concerning her donation of a telescope.
The Navy requested telescopes, binoculars, chronometers or sextants for use during World War I.
About This Item
- Title: U.S. Navy letter concerning donation of items, ca. 1918
- Creator: United States. Department of the Navy
- Creation Date: circa 1918
- Subject Date: circa 1918
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: 2003.261.008
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Aageson, Elizabeth--Correspondence
- Eyes for the Navy (Program)
- United States. Navy--Records and correspondence
- United States. Navy--Equipment & supplies
- World War, 1914-1918--Social aspects--United States
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.