Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The second cottage built at the State School for Boys in South Portland. The picture was taken about 1880.
About This Item
- Title: Second cottage, State School for Boys, South Portland, ca. 1880
- Creator: Chaplin, Joseph
- Creation Date: circa 1880
- Subject Date: circa 1880
- Town: South Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 26 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2126, Box 1/Env. 15
- Collection: Chaplin family collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Young men--Maine
- South Portland (Me.)--Historic buildings
- South Portland (Me.)--History
- Juvenile corrections--Maine
- State School for Boys
- State Reform School
- Maine Youth Center
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.