Contributed by Hose 5 Fire Museum
This image shows the members of the Union Hose 1 in Bangor in the late 1800s.
the Bangor Fire Department was organized in 1815. It grew along with the city adding crews, engines and fire houses throughout the 1800s.
About This Item
- Title: Union Hose 1, Bangor, ca. 1890
- Creation Date: circa 1890
- Subject Date: circa 1890
- Location: Bangor, Penobscot County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Bangor Fire Department (Bangor, Me.)--People
- Fire fighters--Maine--Bangor
- Union Hose 1 (Bangor, Me.)--People
- Fire departments--Maine--Bangor
For more information about this item, contact:Hose 5 Fire Museum
247 State Street, Bangor, ME 04401
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.