Contributed by Hose 5 Fire Museum
This is the original Elijah Low building in Bangor. It was replaced with the current Hose 5 building on State Street. It was named after Elijah Low who was one of the first Fire Chiefs in Bangor. He was chief 5 different times.
About This Item
- Title: Elijah Low Fire House, Bangor, ca. 1890
- Creation Date: circa 1890
- Subject Date: circa 1890
- Location: Bangor, Penobscot County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Hose 5 Fire Museum (Bangor, Me.)--History
- Elijah Low Fire House (Bangor, Me.)--Photographs
- Bangor Fire Department (Bangor, Me.)--Buildings
For more information about this item, contact:Hose 5 Fire Museum
247 State Street, Bangor, ME 04401
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.