Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
John Mead Howells is shown in his home in Kittery Point. Howells was a noted architect and the son of writer William Dean Howells.
About This Item
- Title: John Mead Howells, Kittery Point, 1940
- Creator: Whitney, G. Herbert
- Creation Date: 1940-07-20
- Subject Date: 1940-07-20
- Town: Kittery Point
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 17 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 553, No. 2
- Collection: George Herbert Whitney interesting interviews : photographs
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Howells, William Dean, (1837-1920)--Homes and haunts--Maine--Kittery Point
- Authors, American--19th century--Maine
- Howells, John Mead, (1868-1959)--Homes and haunts--Interiors--Maine--Kittery
- Authors, American--20th century--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.