Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This car out of North Berwick is headed for Dover, New Hampshire, on the last day of operation of the Portsmouth, Dover & York Street Railway on March 17, 1923.
Employees struggled to keep the road open throughout a difficult winter only to have the whole system close down in March.
About This Item
- Title: Last day of street railway operation, 1923
- Creator: Furbish, Phillip G.
- Creation Date: 1923-03-17
- Subject Date: 1923-03-17
- Town: Berwick
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 865
- Collection: Berwick, Eliot & York Steet Railway
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Electric railroads--Maine
- Portsmouth Dover & York Street Railway--Equipment & supplies
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.