Contributed by Maine Historical Society
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at Smith College. Learn more.
Maine Central Railroad offered a trip to Bartlett, New Hampshire, to view the total eclipse of the Sun on August 31, 1932. "See this rare spectacle," the flyer suggested.
About This Item
- Title: Total Eclipse of the Sun train excursion, 1932
- Creator: Maine Central Railroad
- Creation Date: 1932
- Subject Date: 1932-08-31
- Town: Bartlett, Fryeburg, North Conway, Portland
- County: Cumberland, Oxford
- State: ME, NH
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 1873, Box 1/19
- Collection: Maine Central Railroad Company excursion broadsides
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Maine Central Railroad--Timetables
- Railroad travel--Maine
- Railroad travel--New Hampshire
- Sightseers--New Hampshire
- Solar eclipses--1932
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.