Contributed by Aroostook County Historical and Art Museum
Market Square in Houlton.
Betty Grable in "Wabash Avenue" was playing at the Houlton Cinema, which occupied the space where the Snell House once stood.
The First National Store is where Richard's department store stood in 1935 and in this picture of Market Square there is a Singer store.
About This Item
- Title: Market Square, Houlton, 1950
- Creation Date: 1950
- Subject Date: 1950
- Local Name: Market Square
- Town: Houlton
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 15 cm x 24 cm
- Collection: E. B. White Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Parking lots--Maine--Houlton
- Stores & shops--Maine--Houlton
- Market Square (Houlton, Me.)--Photographs
- Houlton (Me.)--Views
- Motion picture theaters--Maine--Houlton
For more information about this item, contact:Aroostook County Historical and Art Museum
109 Main Street, Houlton, ME 04730
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.