Contributed by Town of Cumberland
A Town of Cumberland town meeting warrant from October 25, 1864 is addressed to Constable Reuben Rideout.
It regards the Town's response to the President's call for volunteers to serve in the Civil War. The Town Meeting was called for Nov. 1, 1864.
About This Item
- Title: Town of Cumberland warrant, 1864
- Creator: Cumberland (Me.), Town of
- Creation Date: 1864-10-25
- Subject Date: 1864-11-01
- Town: Cumberland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Town of Cumberland
290 Tuttle Road, Cumberland Center, ME 04021
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractual obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Recruiting and enlistment
- United States. Army--Recruiting and enlistment, etc.
- Town meetings--Maine--Cumberland
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Cumberland (Me.)--Records and correspondence
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.