Contributed by Maine Historical Society
A letter from Camp Chantilly, Fairfax Courthouse, Virginia, from William A. Allen, a corporal in the 27th Maine Infantry, addressed to "Friend Benton." (S. Benton Emery)
The letter discusses taking home a rifle and pistol when his enlistment is up.
About This Item
- Title: Letter from Cpl. William A. Allen, 1863
- Creator: Allen, William A.
- Creation Date: 1863-05-03
- Subject Date: 1863-05-03
- Town: Fairfax
- County: Fairfax
- State: VA
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 401, Box 3/1
- Collection: Edwin Emery papers
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Allen, William A.--Correspondence
- Arms & armaments
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Personal narratives
- Fairfax County Courthouse (Fairfax, Va.)
- Allen, William A.--Associated objects
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.