Contributed by Kennebunk Free Library
This giant elm tree on Storer Street, shown in the middle of the photo, was named the "Lafayette Elm" to commemorate the famous visit of General Lafayette to Kennebunk in 1825. It died from Dutch Elm Blight in the mid 1900s.
About This Item
- Title: Lafayette Elm, Kennebunk, ca. 1900
- Creator: Albion Moody
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Location: Kennebunk, York County, ME
- Media: Contact print from glass negative
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 20.3 cm
- Local Code: Joy 1112
- Collection: Ken Joy collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Lafayette, Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert Du Motier, marquis de, 1757-1834--Commemorations
- Lafayette Elm (Kennebunk, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Kennebunk Free Library
112 Main Street, Kennebunk, ME 04043
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.