Contributed by Kennebunk Free Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This building was located on the site of the present day Ross Block on Main Street in Kennebunk.
It was built about 1881 and burned down in 1895. It housed the Eastern Star Newspaper, Dr. Ross' medical office, Dr. H.E. Bourne's medical office, a dental practice, the Odd Fellows Hall, a stationery and jewelry repair shop and, as a sign on the front indicates, a "telephone office."
About This Item
- Title: Sargent Ross Block, Kennebunk, ca. 1890
- Creator: Albion Moody
- Creation Date: circa 1890
- Subject Date: circa 1890
- Location: Kennebunk, York County, ME
- Media: Print from Glass negative
- Dimensions: 14 cm x 20.3 cm
- Local Code: Joy 154
- Collection: Ken Joy Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Stores, Retail--Maine--Kennebunk
- Ross Block (Kennebunk, Me.)--Photographs
- Sargent Ross Block (Kennebunk, Me.)--Photographs
- Stores & shops--Maine--Kennebunk
- Jewelry stores--Maine--Kennebunk
- Eastern Star Newspaper (Kennebunk, Me.)
- Odd Fellows Hall (Kennebunk, Me.)
- Grand United Order of Odd Fellows in America (Kennebunk, Me.)--Facilities
For more information about this item, contact:Kennebunk Free Library
112 Main Street, Kennebunk, ME 04043
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.