Contributed by Kennebunk Free Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This building was located on the site of the present day Ross Block on Main Street in Kennebunk.
It was built about 1881 and burned down in 1895. It housed the Eastern Star Newspaper, Dr. Ross' medical office, Dr. H.E. Bourne's medical office, a dental practice, the Odd Fellows Hall, a stationery and jewelry repair shop and, as a sign on the front indicates, a "telephone office."
About This Item
- Title: Sargent Ross Block, Kennebunk, ca. 1890
- Creator: Moody, Albion
- Creation Date: circa 1890
- Subject Date: circa 1890
- Local Name: Ross Block
- Town: Kennebunk
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Print from Glass negative
- Dimensions: 14 cm x 20.3 cm
- Local Code: Joy 154
- Collection: Ken Joy Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Kennebunk Free Library
112 Main Street, Kennebunk, ME 04043
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Stores, Retail--Maine--Kennebunk
- Ross Block (Kennebunk, Me.)--Photographs
- Sargent Ross Block (Kennebunk, Me.)--Photographs
- Stores & shops--Maine--Kennebunk
- Jewelry stores--Maine--Kennebunk
- Eastern Star Newspaper (Kennebunk, Me.)
- Odd Fellows Hall (Kennebunk, Me.)
- Grand United Order of Odd Fellows in America (Kennebunk, Me.)--Facilities
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.