Contributed by Kennebunk Free Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Image of Dock Square, Kennebunkport. Grand Army of the Republic parade. Approximately 20 Civil War Veterans in G.A.R. uniforms marching behind a band. No individuals are identified in this image. Circa 1880. Store in background has a sign over the door which reads: "Charles E. Miller" "Drugs & Medicines". Note the old town pump is shown in this image.
About This Item
- Title: G.A.R. Parade in Kennebunkport
- Creator: Houdlette, A. B.
- Creation Date: circa 1880
- Subject Date: circa 1880
- Local Name: Dock Square
- Town: Kennebunkport
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Cabinet photograph
- Dimensions: 10.2 cm x 18.4 cm
- Local Code: Joy 676
- Collection: Ken Joy Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Parades and processions--Maine--Kennebunkport
- Dock Square (Kennebunkport, Me.)--Photographs
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Veterans--Parades and processions--Maine--Kennebunkport
For more information about this item, contact:Kennebunk Free Library
112 Main Street, Kennebunk, ME 04043
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.