Contributed by Sedgwick-Brooklin Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Brooklin Village School about 1948. The school was built near the town center in 1928. It had two rooms, one for the primary grades and the other for the intermediate grades; there were three grades in each room. Electricity was installed in 1938. This building continued to be used as an elementary school until it was closed in June, 1995 and the new Brooklin School was opened.
About This Item
- Title: Brooklin Village School, ca. 1948
- Creation Date: circa 1948
- Subject Date: circa 1948
- Location: Brooklin, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Photo transparency
- Local Code: Brooklin Schools 15/10
- Collection: Private collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Brooklin Village School (Brooklin, Me.)--Photographs
- Rural schools--Maine--Brooklin
For more information about this item, contact:Sedgwick-Brooklin Historical Society
PO Box 171, Sedgwick, ME 04646
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.