Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Albion Keith Parris wrote to his father, Samuel Parris, on July 16, 1832, describing his efforts at the State House to locate service rolls from the Revolutionary War that list Samuel.
He appears to have met with varying degrees of success in locating Samuel's name on the different rolls.
Albion Parris was governor of Maine from 1822-1827 and served in the U.S. Senate from 1827-1828, when he resigned to serve on the Maine Supreme Judicial Court.
About This Item
- Title: Letter from Albion K. Parris to his father, 1832
- Creator: Parris, Albion K.
- Creation Date: 1832-07-16
- Subject Date: 1832-07-16
- Town: Boston, Hebron
- County: Oxford, Suffolk
- State: MA, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 28, Box 1/8
- Collection: Miscellaneous letters collection
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Parris, Albion K. (Albion Keith), 1788-1857--Correspondence
- Parris, Samuel--Correspondence
- United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Recruiting & enlistment
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.