Contributed by Southern Aroostook Agricultural Museum
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Thomas A. Schools barn raising in Littleton in the early 1900s.
Planning, acquisition of building materials and construction of the rafters was done beforehand, but the barn itself was built in one day by neighbors who came from far and wide.
The men worked on the barn and the women put on a big dinner for all the hands. The children played.
In this picture, notice a man leaning out and swinging his hammer.
About This Item
- Title: Barn raising, Littleton, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Location: Littleton, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 6 cm x 10.4 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Building construction--Maine--Littleton
- Schools, Thomas A.--Homes and haunts--Maine--Littleton--Photographs
- Farm life--Maine--Littleton
For more information about this item, contact:Southern Aroostook Agricultural Museum
1678 U.S. Route 1, Littleton, ME 04730
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.