Contributed by Southern Aroostook Agricultural Museum
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Thomas A. Schools' barn raising in Littleton in the early 1900s.
While planning, acquisition of building materials and the construction of the rafters was done beforehand, neighbors built the barn in one day.
The men worked on the barn and the women put on a big dinner for all the hands. The children played.
In this picture, Tom Schools is seen standing on the right side of the door.
Other views of this barn raising are MMN # 13266, 13267, 13268, 13269, 13270, 13271.
About This Item
- Title: Barn raising, Littleton, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Location: Littleton, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 5.4 cm x 10.3 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Schools, Thomas A.--Homes and haunts--Maine--Littleton--Photographs
- Building construction--Maine--Littleton
- Farm life--Maine--Littleton
For more information about this item, contact:Southern Aroostook Agricultural Museum
1678 U.S. Route 1, Littleton, ME 04730
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.