Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Between J.F. Ayers Dining Room and the Congregational Church on the corner of Brackett and Main Street in Westbrook is an American flag with the "Blaine and Logan" across the top.
This photo was taken during the 1884 presidential campaign when Republican James G. Blaine of Augusta ran against Grover Cleveland. John A. Logan of Illinois was the vice presidential candidate.
About This Item
- Title: Blaine & Logan campaign flag, Westbrook, 1884
- Creation Date: 1884
- Subject Date: 1884
- Town: Westbrook
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.2 cm x 17.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 4025, Box 20/3
- Collection: Ernest R. Rowe photograph collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Blaine, James Gilliespie, 1830-1893--Political activity
- Logan, John Alexander, 1826-1886--Political activity
- Main Street (Westbrook, Me.)
- Political elections
- Presidential elections
- Stores & shops--Maine--Westbrook
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.