Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The first-floor hoist wheel at Union Wharf, Building 19-22, , taken in 1962. The building was constructed in about 1800 for the Union Wharf Proprietors group that was formed in 1792. The wharf was demolished in 1969. It was part of the Historic American Buildings Survey in 1962.
About This Item
- Title: Hoist wheel, Union Wharf, Portland, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962
- Subject Date: 1962
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 18 cm x 12 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 445, Box 1
- Collection: Historic American Buildings Survey photographs
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Piers and wharves--Maine--Portland
- Union Wharf (Portland, Me.)--Interiors--Photographs
- Historic American Buildings Survey
- Architecture, commercial--Maine--Portland
- Historic buildings--Maine--Portland
- United States. National Park Service. National Architectural and Engineering Records Division
- Hoisting machinery
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.