Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Union Wharf, Building 19-22, the north elevation, taken in 1962. The building was constructed in about 1800 for the Union Wharf Proprietors group that was formed in 1792. The wharf was demolished in 1969. It was one of the few extant early maritime-commercial building complexes in Maine.
About This Item
- Title: Union Wharf, Portland, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962
- Subject Date: 1962
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 18 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 445, Box 1
- Collection: Historic American Buildings Survey photographs
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States. National Park Service. National Architectural and Engineering Records Division
- Architecture, commercial--Maine--Portland
- Historic buildings--Maine--Portland
- Historic American Buildings Survey
- Piers and wharves--Maine--Portland
- Union Wharf (Portland, Me.)--Photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.