Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The photo shows the detail on the sliding doors as well as other interior details on the "Oaklands" in Gardiner. The house was built in 1835-37 and is a noted example of early Gothic Revival. It is built of granite.
About This Item
- Title: Sliding doors, Oaklands, Gardiner, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962
- Subject Date: 1962
- Town: Gardiner
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 17 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 445, Box 1
- Collection: Historic American Buildings Survey
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Architectural elements
- Architecture, domestic--Maine--Gardiner
- Gardiner, Robert Hallowell, 1782-1864--Homes and haunts--Maine--Gardiner
- Historic American Buildings Survey
- Historic buildings--Maine--Gardiner
- Oaklands (Dwelling) (Gardiner, Me.)--Photographs
- Surveys--Historic buildings--Views
- Upjohn, Richard, 1802-1878
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.